- 240 g garbanzo beans (chickpeas) – one can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon tahini (ground sesame paste)
- 1/2 lemon (only the juice)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (one in the mix on to garnish)
- cold water
- Puree the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Chickpeas, tahini, cold water, olive oil, salt, garlic and lemon.
- The chickpeas, One can, must be rinsed in warm water and drained.
- Puree for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Yep, put that food processor to work! Just keep it going and going until the hummus is nice and smooth, pausing once or twice to scrape the sides down. If the hummus seems too thick, feel free to add in an extra tablespoon or two of water too.
- Taste and season. Give the hummus a taste, and add in extra salt, cumin and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Garnish and serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl, add on any toppings that you would like, and enjoy!! Optional can design a heart 😉
2 servings (250 g enough for 2 person)
Total calories: 521 kcal/total
- Carb 9.2 g/total
- Fat 38.4 g/total
- Protein 12 g/total
* the number of servings can vary depending on your choice, for an accurate calorie count divide the total kcal, and grams to the number of portions.