- 256 g broad beans-fava beans – one can
- 1 tablespoon tahini (ground sesame paste) 85g
- 1/2 lemon (only the juice)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (one in the mix on to garnish)
- cold water
- olive oil 1-2 tablespoon
- 85g tomatoes (1 medium tomato)
- 30g mature onions (1/2 medium onion)
- Puree the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Fava beans, tahini, cold water, olive oil, salt, garlic and lemon.
- The fava beans, One can, must be rinsed in warm water and drained.
- Puree for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Put that food processor to work! Just keep it going and going until becomes nice and smooth, pausing once or twice to scrape the sides down. If the paste seems too thick, feel free to add in an extra tablespoon or two of water too.
- Taste and season. Give the foul a taste, and add in extra salt, cumin and/or lemon juice if needed.
- Chope in fine cubes the onion and tomatoes, and mix them with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Garnish and serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl, add on any toppings that you would like, and enjoy!! Add the onion and tomatoes salad on top.
Total calories: 279 kcal/serving (558 kcal/total)
- Carb 23.45 g/serving or 46.9 g/total
- Fat 17.7 g/serving or 35.5 g/total
- Protein 8.9 g/serving or 17.8 g/total