- 1.5 kg quince
- 250 g honey
- 1 lemon
- 50 ml water
15 min preparation
- cut the fruit in small cubes
- you can add the fruit in a pot, add the honey on top and let it sit for 1-2 hours
- or can skip this step and add the fruits in a pot, add 50 ml water and let it cook
- after 30-40 min can add the honey, add the juice from 1/2 lemon and let it cook until the fruit its gold color and soft, up to 2-3 hours
- after the fruit gets gold and soft is up to you if you want to let it cook more or not
- If you let it cook more the fruit will be soft and will have less juice
* you can play with quantities up to your own taste
This is not a diet recipe but is a great alternative to shop jam
I love to add one table spoon in my cereals in the morning, on pancakes/creeps, or I mix it with yogurt and nuts.
You can use almost any fruit like strawberries, berries and make your own homemade jam.
This Jam is really tasty, easy to prepare, takes only 15 min to prepare and the only down side is that you leave it to cook for a long time. Other fruits take less cooking time.
Total calories: 1840 kcal/total
- Carb 470.7 g/total
- Fat 1.5 g/total
- Protein 7.3 g/total
- Fiber 30.1/total
* keep in mind that this are the macros for the entire quantity, meaning a big jar of 800 g, one small jar of 300 g and the little bowl from the main photo, so if you have small quantities occasionally is just fine
|Fresh lemon juice||30||7.8||0.1||0||2.7||0.1||1 lemon = 50 ml juice|