At the moment there are numerous devices and solutions on the market to get rid of unwanted hair. Unfortunately, too few of them are effective and most will consume your money, time and patience and the results will be poor or will not be seen at all.
Any woman dreams of a body without hair, to be able to go to the pool at any time without worry, to wear the skirt anytime without thinking about whether she has to epilate before.
I tried all the traditional and professional methods until I came to the winning version.
Shaving Hair removal – the hair grows too fast and often the skin is irritated but the procedure is cheap
Cream Hair removal with also grows fast and is full of chemicals
Wax or sugar Hair removal – hair grows slower but often you cannot apply it alone, it is more expensive and often painful
The methods that promise permanent hair removal are many and I will approach those I tested on my own hair and skin.
The first session I attended was a laser session somewhere in Prague. The device was called Amicula Plus (it is a device produced in the Czech Republic). It is a photo-epilation modality that combines laser with photo-frequency. It is good to know that before laser hair removal, especially on newer devices (and we want something new to be effective), the hair must be completely shaved as soon as possible before the session. During the session I felt small tingles on the skin sign that it works.
The session covered hair removal and the intimate area and I can say that results were seen after the first session, small areas appeared where the hair fell and did not return.
At the second meeting I changed the salon to a cozy salon that was in my area not an hour to cross the city. I documented myself, I read reviews, I checked the machine and it seemed all right so I was scheduled at this salon close to home.
The machine used was BTL HS-320C from the BTL company, which confirmed that they have won numerous awards for their performance. The machine used the Intense Pulsed Light / IPL and promised to deliver fast results. It sounded good, the hair had to be allowed to grow about 1-2 millimeters before the session and during the session I did not feel any sensation on the skin and no results appeared. Money thrown away.
As life is constantly moving I changed the job and the city to a smaller city where I quickly searched for a salon to continue the treatment. I did research, I studied, I searched and I chose to buy from a coupon site with discounts a package of 9 full body sessions. It also sounds like it had some positive recommendations from others, so I bought the package and started the treatment. Here I would specify that being in another country where I did not understand the language and very few speak English my research went a little difficult.
The device was called MONA SHR, Photoepilare SHR and see below the description on the site.
” Try the innovative SHR treatment at Weiss Studio. MONA SHR is a revolutionary 950 IPL device (intense pulsed light), combined with laser diode and achieves greater efficiency in final epilation.
What is better SHR?
Devices that use classical IPL can develop a frequency of 1 Hz, SHR reaches up to 8 Hz frequency. IPL destroys hair follicles, thus only 2-4 light pulses, however SHR systems reach 20 to 30 hair impulses! ”
It sounded promising again, and the hair had to be 1-2 millimeters before epilation. After the 9 sessions the results were minimal so I can say 10% of hair fall. As there is a guarantee on the site at the end of the sessions I asked for the money back and the answer was that it is very normal and that I have to do many more sessions, after the 10 already done.
I find it difficult to communicate with them but I gave up the salon certainly did not use the promised machine, or the machine was a cheap one, a copy of a good machine, and another possibility is to use the correct machine but not to change the consumables (the crystal for certain devices) and in this case the results are sad. Look for a recomended salon that guarantees seriousness.
Keep in mind that salons that have high-performance appliances will not offer a complete treatment at a reduced price (very low) because they already have customers, usually their discounts are made to attract customers and give them the opportunity to test the device and to convince of its efficiency.
Serious salons can have major discounts but will limit the number of sessions that can be bought at a discount, because they want you to test and buy at normal prices, plus they already have enough customers. Don’t let yourself be convinced by too many good offers to be true that they most likely are not.
* There are also salons that have several new machines, and many old ones, and promote discounts, they will have positive feedback from some customers who have used the new appliance in the salon, but for the people who bought the service at a reduced price they will use a older device that is not very efficient although they have promoted the latest technology.
* Always check which machine they are using, investigate the machine performance on the internet and how the appliance actually looks and when you go to the salon, ask to see the appliance and compare if it corresponds.
You have every right to ask for details, and even to ask for the manual and the certificates of the machine, and a serious salon will not be bothered to provide information.
After losing a lot of time and a considerable amount of money thrown in the trash I decided to make the shuttle in Prague to the first used device and the only effective one so far.
I did another session and as some time had passed I changed the job again and this time the country and I arrived in Romania.
I took a break for a few months and put the idea into standby mode as I was busy adapting to the new life.
About 6-7 months ago I went back to the old obsession, I decided to try again as I now knew what to do, I knew the terrain and I could easily communicate.
You will be surprised but I have greater confidence in the cosmetic and salon treatments in Romania compared to other countries. The services offered in Romania are often more qualitative and people more attentive to the needs of the client compared to other countries in Europe and beyond.
After a long search I arrived in Bucharest at the ENCORE salon where if you buy 5 otherwise quite expensive sessions you received a guarantee certificate which obliged you to continue the free treatment for 3 years if your hair does not go away.
The offer seemed very serious and the machine promoted is Alexandrite Candela which is the best performer on the market since I read it. The written warranty part convinced me so I went to the consultation. All good and beautiful I decided to take the package but I wanted to pay in advance only the first test session as I had no confidence because of past experience.
I allowed the hair to grow to 1-2 millimeters as required and I did the first session. Here was a question mark considering that laser devices require complete hair removal before the session. After the first meeting I did not see results at all although they stated that they have many clients with remarkable results, maybe they have, maybe it was my fault I do not say no but it bothered me something else. It is true that the results differ from one case to another but they must be more or less visible in all cases from the first session.
I checked on the internet how the Candela machine looks like and it does not like their device, not even the older versions, but there were some made in China that brought little to the look. The appearance did not seem to be of a laser device but of an IPL device and for laser hair removal you do not have to have the hair grown at all because it affects the efficiency of the treatment. So all indications confirmed that it was not the promised device, not even laser but IPL. The price was paid in full for the session and was 10-15% lower than the price from the next salon where we found a laser device that matched the appearance of the manufacturer’s description plus it had the correct name and brand inscribed on the device.
You can check here more details about the different types of devices or how they work or you can do your own research.
Then I decided to go to a serious clinic, not a salon, to ask for an appointment and an informed consultation before trying another treatment. I recommend a consultation at 1-2 serious clinics beforehand to receive accurate information from specialists and to compare the information received. I went to 2 clinics I received answers to all my questions (I realized from the details received that the device from ENCORE was not laser or Alexandrite Candela as they promise and if it was laser can be a cheap version from China or Korea) and I I decided to make the first test session at the new clinic and if results appear I buy a package with 10-15% discount for the purchase of several sessions.
The clinic had several types of Candela appliances from Cynosure and Laser ND Yag (they corresponded to the specifications on the manufacturer’s website and had the company name and logo (which confirms once again that they are in the right place) and professional staff. who presented me all the details of the procedure.
Because the treatment followed before was not constant and was not professional, I started somewhere from 10-15% hair loss.
I used 2 types of devices and depending on the efficiency for my skin type and I seem to have continued with the most suitable and efficient for me. The results were visible from the first procedure and clearly seen the progress with each additional session regardless of the device. Both machines were Candela laser series.
Currently we have reached 2 sessions for the legs and the hair has fallen in proportion of 50-60%, and the remaining one is much finer and grows much harder. It is recommended 4-6 sessions at intervals of 10-12 weeks for the legs. The full price for the session is 200 Euro for the whole leg and may decrease as the hair becomes scarcer and the area requiring treatment is smaller.
In the area of the armpit and bikini after 4 sessions, the hair has loss was about 30-40%, and the remaining one is much finer and grows much harder. It is recommended 5-10 sessions at intervals of 4-6 weeks. The price is 50 Euro per area / session and may decrease as the hair becomes scarcer and the area requiring treatment is smaller.
Depending on each area the number of meetings required differs.
Prior to treatment, it was recommended to completely remove the hair, avoid sun exposure and during the treatment, it may feel more or less painful (however bearable and occasional) itching.
After long searches, trials, time and money lost I found the best option and are on the right track.
What you should know and consider when deciding to start treatment:
* You should know that epilation lasts somewhere between 6-18 months, it is not as fast as we would like because the intervals between sessions must be respected.
* Another very important fact is that you do not leave big breaks between sessions well above those recommended by the salon, this can reduce efficiency and results. So we are talking about a long-term commitment.
* Don’t be surprised if certain salons advertise lies about used appliances, saying they use one type of device but use something else entirely, or use the technology promised but made by a ghost company in China, and the results are poor.
* If you are told stories that you have to wait a few sessions to see results change the device, the results must appear after the first session is visible max 2 weeks after the session. Change the salon otherwise you will throw the money out the window like me.
-Go to the clinic / salon for a prior consultation, it may be free or for a fee but it is worth it
– Preferably do a skin test before paying for a full treatment to see the effectiveness, some clinics offer free tests on a small portion of the skin
-If you can find a clinic with several types of devices, they can offer the best equipment for you, and if one does not go well try another type, a salon with a single device will boast its only technology and will try to sell it. at any price
– Look for recommendations and reviews of others about salon and results in hair removal, check more sites, if the information is repeated on several sites, the same text copy / paste we are talking about paid advertising, bloggers paid to post on forums and sites so be careful and smart
– Choose according to recommendations and tests not according to price. You can go to a cheap machine at 10 sessions and pay less in ten installments or go to a good machine and finish in 5 sessions. You will save time by going to a good machine and often money, because the sessions may be more expensive but they are less treatments and much more efficient.
– Permanent hair removal does not exist, in fact, it is efficient for 5 years and should be maintained after 2 years with a session depending on the recommendation of the specialist for each area, however I think it is worth it even in these conditions.
– Hair removal does not eliminate the hair 100%, in fact it eliminates the hair in a proportion of 80-95% and there will be some razor threads but there will be few and often weakened ones, there will be threads in the form of a puff that is not visible
– Permanent hair removal is effective for almost any type of skin and hair (different devices have been created for different needs) except for white or gray hair where the hair has no pigment
– The hair will not disappear after only 3 sessions
An estimated number of sessions common to all areas of the body cannot be given.
Why? Because for example the armpit has a different cycle of hair growth than the mustache or the calves, so you can not approach the end of the treatment after the same number of sessions.
Then, as we have shown above, the definitive epilation is partial, so although with each session achieved a reduction in the number of hair follicles is obtained, neither can one speak of a “cleansing” in a good percentage after only 3 sessions.
Usually, this number is announced by the salons who want to get customers quickly based on their impatience and lack of information.
– There may be adverse effects but honestly I have not heard of cases, in recent years the technology has evolved a lot and if the device is used by properly trained personnel the risks are minimal.
I would like to mention that I do not intend to advertise a particular salon or machine, this is not paid review, I just want to offer you information that I wish I had them when I started the adventure called “Permanent Hair Removal” I would have been exempt from headaches, I would have earned a lot of time and would have spent a lot less money. I’m just talking about my experience and I advise you to be informed, ask and ask again only experienced persons and after you decide.
I hope this article and my experience will help you make the right decision for you and always know the cause.